Monday, June 23, 2008

Update!


OK, when I first started this blog, I thought I would have more time to work on it, but between getting ready for the needlework markets and new grandchildren arriving, I simply ran out of hours in the day!


Our first grandchild was born mid April--a boy. We think he is the best most beautiful child in the world of course. He is bringing his parents for a visit in mid July. They live in England so we will be very happy to see him again. Thank Heaven for e-mails, digital photos and Skype. We can watch him grow over the internet, but we love holding him in person the very best.


We will welcome out second grandchild into the world in late July! We don't know if it's a boy or girl and really don't care, we just want the baby is healthy and happy. Can't wait for the surprise.


On to cross stitch!


At the needlework market in June I fell in love with Valdani threads. Those little balls of color in a cute box just spoke to me and now I'm creating a design using the 3 strand little balls. The threads also come as 6 strand floss and pearl cottons. They are color-fast and dye lots do not seem to be a problem. I won't share the design info yet, but hope to have it ready for the fall needlework market in Sept. You can see the floss colors at http://www.valdani.com/ The fabric I'm using for the design is from Picture This Plus. You can view their fabric at http://www.picturethisplus.com/


Valdani threads have been popular with punch needle people and now are becoming popular with needlepoint and quilters. The colors are beautiful and they go through the linen like butter.

1 comment:

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

Just wondering how you are doing with the new design using Valdani threads. I have lots of their thread here but I use it for tatting. I can also use it for bobbinlace. Did you know they also have their thread in quilting size thread. Again I have lots of it because I love their colors so much. Anyhow....I don't see where you have posted on your blog for awhile now...I hope all is good and let me know how your new project goes with the use of Valdani threads.